Louisville Public Media seeks an Engagement Manager who is passionate about introducing children and families to classical music. 90.5 WUOL is more than a great way to listen to music. We believe music connects our community, inspires creativity, spurs student success and makes our city a better place to live.
If you love education, the power of music and strengthening our community, this is the job for you. You’ll talk to students, parents and teachers, manage distribution of donated instruments and plan great events with partner organizations. In the Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) world we find ourselves, your ingenuity with alternative platforms will be crucial.
The best candidates will have a background in classical music, be detail-oriented, and have successfully run projects from start to finish. You’ll become part of our 90.5 WUOL team and work with LPM staff to use radio, audio, music and the arts to connect with our community, particular teachers, students and their parents.
- Creatively envision how 90.5 WUOL and LPM can transform our community with culture and the arts
- Think and act strategically about 90.5 WUOL’s role in our community, as it relates to students, teachers and community organizations
- Manage Instrumental Partners donations, including answering questions from donors and teachers, and arranging repairs and delivery of instruments to schools
- Manage the Young Artist Competition, from booking judges and publishing competition guidelines to managing entries, answering questions and ensuring the competition runs smoothly
- Help promote and integrate “The Music Box” into school curriculum
- Envision and implement ways 90.5 WUOL can help parents and teachers in non-traditional education scenarios
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Background and knowledge of classical music
- Experience planning large events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Background in music performance, education, and/or composition
- Experience in radio, audio (podcasts), and/or video production
- Experience doing social media for an organization
If this is you, send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Louisville Public Media is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in its workplace and offers an excellent benefits package.